- A gert big chunk of Butter Nut Squash - peeled and chopped
- One leek - chopped (use it all and the green - no cheatin')
- One red onion chopped
- 1/2 bunch of celery chopped
- At least one whole bulb of garlic - more if you like it! Chopped.
- Chorizo chopped small - @75gms - more if you're feeling piggy! Also some for serving is the bomb.
- Chilli seeds - teaspoon (or you can use fresh - as hot as you can handle)
- Stock (I use chicken or veggy bouillon)
- Oil - I'm using a lot of hemp and flax at the mo' but whatever you like is fine. (you can use an oil spray if you are calorie counting queens).
- Dig out your best, big pan.
- Put a kettle of water onto boil.
- Chop your veggies.
- Either - spray some oil into the pan and over your veggies - or put a couple of tspns of oil in the pan to heat gently.
- Put the garlic and chilli into the pan and cook - don't brown the garlic.
- Follow them with the chopped leak, onion and celery & chorizo and pop the lid on - to let them sweat and jiggle together making veggie love in secret under the covers.
- Finally pop in the BNS and let them get warmed up before...
- Adding water - enough to cover the veggies & chorizo and some - about a litre.
- And the stock...
- Cook until the BNS is soft and the liquid has reduced somewhat. Keep an eye on it - it's not too much of a worry if it's over-reduced. Just add some almond milk to the pan before you...
- WHIZZERATE the bejayaus out of it.
You can add carrots to this if you like - just chop 'em and add them with the BNS - they take longer to cook to soft - so chop the real small.
You can also add some yoghurt to serve with some toasted seeds. I like toasted BNS seeds. If you wash them, dry them and put them in a really slow oven with chilli powder and some sea salt - they rock! And they make a perfect swoop - even more cheffy!
If you've got left overs - this will freeze ok - and it always tastes even better after it's had a night to think about it!
Add almond milk, or hemp milk if it's getting a bit too thick.
You can also add some flax/pumpkin/sunflower seed grind - to whack up the happy!
WW Pro points 6PP for the whole soup - let's say 2PP per serve if you add some more chorizo and use 0% Greek Yoghurt.