So now he's setting out to lose some weight in advance of an important operation in September. This time, I thought I might support him in a more practical way - than just yipping on his blog* each time he loses a llb!
So here is my first attempt at a lovely juice for lovely mart x.
Summer Juice for Mart@.
This one is all about the sunshine and what's good in the shops right now (July/Aug):
1 x orange - with all the bitter orange peel cut off & the pith left on!
1 x Royal Gala apple
1 x white flesh nectarine - bit under ripe if juicing - otherwise blend it.
1/2 baby gem lettuce (I used the section closest to the endy bit)
2 stalks of celery
Handful of mint
Juice it all - (unless as I mentioned the nectarine is fully softly ripe - then I would chop and add this at the end and blend it).
Pour over ice - or blend with ice if you like. (I don't drink ice cold drinks - so I never bother with fussing with ice).
What's in it?
Vits: A, A1, B1, B2, B3, B5 B6 C, Beta-carotene, folic acid
Minerals: calcium, chlorine, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sulphur, iron, zinc, copper, sodium, silica, manganese, selenium
Plus: malic acid, nectin, ellagic acid, pectin
Why's it going to make our Mart zip along like a puppy?
- anti cancer health promoter, the pectin forms a gel in the intestine that gets rid of toxins
- destroys free radicals (younger looking marty), scrubs out the intestine and flushes toxins out
- natural energiser (turbo charged mart!)
- reduces acidity - useful for arthritis, natural diuretic - so it reduces fluid retention, also calms the nervous system - which is always a good thing no?
- great for hair, nails and skin and reduces blood pressure
- boosts saucyness
- It tastes mental good!
I really hope that Marty does. I'm on a mission to find a really great tasting green juice for him and my mammie too.
Watch this space!
*closed blog space - so I can't share the deets...