Domestic Goddess my arse!

These are the recipes I'm good at... quick, simple, out of the store-cupboard and onto the plate fare. I never spend more than 30 minutes faffing in the kitchen. So there.

This will be my recipe & homemadey remedy diary.

If you have those 'OMG! It's lunchtime and all I've got is a parsnip and a packet of boil in the bag rice.' moments, then you're a kindred spirit and you know that bad planning is often the mother of great food. So welcome to fast slurpy soups and 'really?' salads made from what's left in the fridge.


Never, ever believe there isn't something wonderful to make from the last 3 ingredients in your kitchen. Unless those ingredients really are fairy liquid, eggshells and dead flies.

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Outrageous Smoothie!

I needed something quick for lunch this afternoon. Running late for a hospital appointment & needing sustenance that wouldn't sit heavy in my belly, I flung together a smoothie & it tasted so good I came back for seconds mid afternoon! Norty... I was too busy to take a pic, but the first one was a delicate pale pistachio colour, so elegant. In the 80's it would have been called  eau de nil. I had a pair of shoes from Hobbs the exact colour.

God I loved those shoes. I wore them through to the soles of my feet with the perfect dress from French Connection.

So here's what you do...

Put the following in a blender & whizz!

  • Banana
  • 1/2 ripe avocado
  • 4x desert spoons soy yoghurt
  • 300mls (roughly) almond milk
  • 1x desert spoon organic PNB
  • 1x desert spoon Cool Oil (chock full of omegas) optional
  • 1x desert spoon pea protein also optional & does change taste a bit!
Add more or less yoghurt and or almond milk to adjust the consistency to your taste.

You can of course use greek yoghurt, plain yoghurt, soy milk or other nut milk. If you use cows milk you won't be packing the same nutritional punch. 

You could also add some oats for a breakfast smoothie & agave syrup if you insist on sweetness!




No comments:

Post a Comment