Our lovely Sparks arrived early to do some little niggly jobs - hello light fitting above the kitchen table - that works when you flick the switch at that end... and goodbye steamy bathroom windows - our new spanky fan will banish condensation for EVER...
We were swapping smoothie ingredients. He is pretty hardcore - fermented rice protein anyone? Blearch... right? I'm more your cacao and maple syrup kind of a gal.
Anyhoo while we were nattering - I made this:
Choccy Narnia Delish
Put all of the following into a blender. (I use a 1L stainless steel beaker and a hand held whizzer).
- 1 to 1.5 ripe bananas
- 1 heaped desert spoon of organic/fair trade cacao powder (dark)
- 1 to 2 heaped desert spoons of fine ground mix (cashew/hemp/pumpkin/sunflower seed)
- 2 big spoons of plain soy yoghurt (you can use cows/greek/leave it out)
- 500 - 750mls coconut milk (you can use soy, rice dream, almond or a combo)
- Glug of organic maple syrup (you can use agave or leave it out altogether)
- 1 glug of hemp oil
- 1 raw egg (or 1 to 2 desert spoons of pea or soy protein powder)
Whiz this lot up for a chocolately, thick omega/protein packed smoothie to end all smoothies.
I made a huge one but to be honest under 500ml is quite enough to get you through your morning.
You can also add or swap in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 desert spoon pnb or other nut butter. You can strip this back to the real basics too if you want to avoid it being too calorie laden. I don't care! It's so lovely and choc full of good things that I'll risk it.
Once more around the block for me then!
No pic - I snarfed it way too fast - and to be honest it's just baby poo brown gloop.