Domestic Goddess my arse!

These are the recipes I'm good at... quick, simple, out of the store-cupboard and onto the plate fare. I never spend more than 30 minutes faffing in the kitchen. So there.

This will be my recipe & homemadey remedy diary.

If you have those 'OMG! It's lunchtime and all I've got is a parsnip and a packet of boil in the bag rice.' moments, then you're a kindred spirit and you know that bad planning is often the mother of great food. So welcome to fast slurpy soups and 'really?' salads made from what's left in the fridge.


Never, ever believe there isn't something wonderful to make from the last 3 ingredients in your kitchen. Unless those ingredients really are fairy liquid, eggshells and dead flies.

Monday 28 April 2014

Breakfast Smoothie | Hello Choccy Narnia

Super quick recipe - mainly to capture the ingredients for my own rememberating. I'm juicing quite a lot at the moment. I do love it - but I do start jonesing for something indulgent and this whopper brekky smoothie hits the spot.

Our lovely Sparks arrived early to do some little niggly jobs - hello light fitting above the kitchen table - that works when you flick the switch at that end... and goodbye steamy bathroom windows - our new spanky fan will banish condensation for EVER...

We were swapping smoothie ingredients. He is pretty hardcore - fermented rice protein anyone? Blearch... right? I'm more your cacao and maple syrup kind of a gal.

Anyhoo while we were nattering - I made this:


Choccy Narnia Delish

Put all of the following into a blender. (I use a 1L stainless steel beaker and a hand held whizzer).

  • 1 to 1.5 ripe bananas 
  • 1 heaped desert spoon of organic/fair trade cacao powder (dark)
  • 1 to 2 heaped desert spoons of fine ground mix (cashew/hemp/pumpkin/sunflower seed)
  • 2 big spoons of plain soy yoghurt (you can use cows/greek/leave it out)
  • 500 - 750mls coconut milk (you can use soy, rice dream, almond or a combo)
  • Glug of organic maple syrup (you can use agave or leave it out altogether)
  • 1 glug of hemp oil 
  • 1 raw egg (or 1 to 2 desert spoons of pea or soy protein powder)
Whiz this lot up for a chocolately, thick omega/protein packed smoothie to end all smoothies.

I made a huge one but to be honest under 500ml is quite enough to get you through your morning. 

You can also add or swap in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 desert spoon pnb or other nut butter. You can strip this back to the real basics too if you want to avoid it being too calorie laden. I don't care! It's so lovely and choc full of good things that I'll risk it. 

Once more around the block for me then!

No pic - I snarfed it way too fast - and to be honest it's just baby poo brown gloop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment