Domestic Goddess my arse!

These are the recipes I'm good at... quick, simple, out of the store-cupboard and onto the plate fare. I never spend more than 30 minutes faffing in the kitchen. So there.

This will be my recipe & homemadey remedy diary.

If you have those 'OMG! It's lunchtime and all I've got is a parsnip and a packet of boil in the bag rice.' moments, then you're a kindred spirit and you know that bad planning is often the mother of great food. So welcome to fast slurpy soups and 'really?' salads made from what's left in the fridge.


Never, ever believe there isn't something wonderful to make from the last 3 ingredients in your kitchen. Unless those ingredients really are fairy liquid, eggshells and dead flies.

Monday 12 September 2016

Sweet Potatoe in your toaster



Seriously? Yes seriously! I noticed a little video for sweet potatoe in the toaster and I thought I'd road test it. This isn't rocket science but just so you know - we're not making tayto toast here - we're using the toaster to cook the spudslice. It makes a really delicious, fast snack or you could use it as the basis of a lovely lunch with smushed avocado and cheese. 

Get after it!

Choose a nice fat, medium sized, sweet potato - he'll be easier to slice. You are after a thin, even slice the full length of your lovely spud.

Pop the slices into your toaster. You may need to use a couple of cycles to cook it through - I liked mine with a bit of bite left in them. Easier to eat too.

Once popped - you may need to use a pair of tongs to lift out the slices. Then the fun starts.

I had a couple spread with organic peanut butter. Heavenly. 

Podgey had his spread with hummus and reported maximum satisfaction. 

You could have the with cheese, of any description or you could go double sweet and add maple syrup. I wouldn't go honey or Nutella but that's my preference. You could also spread with butter and dust with cinnamon. 

I've mentioned you might have them with avo but what about scrambled eggs and olives or paprika? 

Cream cheese and gherkins or pate?

I wonder if this will work with a butternut squash? Hmm.....

Five Stars from us! *****



No comments:

Post a Comment