If you are experimenting with the more relaxed approach to calories and working with 800 - this could give you some serious calorie clout for supper or you can add some protein to up the calorie value of the dish. I'll give you some ideas at the end.
This soup is simple and fast - which could be a lifesaver by lunchtime!
Your Foody Weapons
400g Broccoli raw (head of small broccoli and some of the stalk)
Handful of spinach raw
1 cup of celery
50g light miso paste
1L boiled water
2 desert spoons lime juice (you can use juice and zest of one fresh lime)
1 scant teaspoon of lazy chilli (more or fresh if you like a bit of spice)
Do This | stand by for delicious off
- Chop the broccoli, put it in the microwave with a little water for 3 mins.
- Boil the kettle and pour 2/3L over two generous teaspoons of miso paste
- Put the broccoli, miso stock and celery into powerful blender. Whizz!
- Add lime juice and chilli to taste and whiz again
- Add rest of water to make a bright green, well blended, awesome unthick soup.
Serves 4 | 43 calories per serve*
Extra Yummy | Calorie Boosts for individual bowls
50g Greek Yoghurt 48 calories* (float it or mix it - a son gôut).
100g Chorizo 90 calories*
2 tablespoons hummus 70 calories* (stir this in to thicken the soup)